Tuesday, 7 November 2017

Distress Oxides Play!!

Hello Crafty people,

This month the theme at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challange is to make "TAGS" and this gave me the opportunity to play with some distress oxides that have been in my stash for some time now.

Now I have been a fan of distress for some time now and I also love Dyan Reavelely... I find her technques very easy to follow so here in this project I have used techniques by Dyan and products by Tim Holtz, I hope you will like the effect....




I started with a thick watercolour cardstock and used 3 Distress oxides (names in the supply list below) that I layered several times drying in between and then I used stencils through the same three colours to create additional layers.

Once I was happy with the background I created 2 tags with it and decided to create different style of tages. On one I used musical notes stamp to add details in the background on the other I creates a mask in heart shape and then went over it with grey inkpad. using the same technique I covered the whole background and then also darkened the rest of the areas outside of the masked shapes..

Next came the layering of handmade paper flowers and leaves on one of the tags and for the other I used white and black uniball gel pens to add some doodling details.

Finally with dimension from the flowers I chose plain stamping on the background and for the other I used a small piece of white cardstock to add sentiment and adhere it to the tag using dimensional tape...I though thr sentiment really went with the background.

I hope you enjoyed this project and I got inspired...

Would love to read your comments..

Hugss
Seemaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...