Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Distressed wooden tray!

Dear Crafters,


Hope you all are having a wonderful day. We are celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi here in India. This month we are celebrating the essence of distress at Happy Little Stamper.

Distress is such a versatile term that it open up various opportunities for techniques and materials. I went for the old and weathered look on a tray.


I started with a MDF tray, sanded it and coated it with gesso.


Once the gesso was dry, I painted it with white acrylic paint.

Once the paint was dry i went over the sides of the tray with texture paste. making an uneven texture and let it dry. Sand it roughly to eliminate any odd and sharp edges.


The next step was to paint it a teal/ tuquoise colour for which it mixed together sap green, pthalo Blue and white acrylic paints and painted the whole tray barring the base.


Next I made an odd metallic colour with mixing silver and gold togeher and painting on to the tray. I applied the paint left it for about 30 seconds and then added talcom powder on top and gently smoothed it with a small piece of cloth. This helps the wood get a smooth feel on the texture.



I also added another coat of metallic paint in some parts . Finally i sanded down the edges, to distress t further.


Hope you enjoyed this project and got inspired, please do share your thoughts. I hope you would have fun participating with us @ Happy Little Stampers








11 comments:

  1. Lovely Project...and thank you for the tip about talcom powder..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Richa!!! really appreciate that you liked the project

      Delete
  2. Lovely how your tablet looks now. I like the color.
    Lovely greetings, Michelle (DT-sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle its, gr8 to be on the same team with talented people like yourself

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous project Seemaa, and I love your video tutorial. The finished result is amazing and worth all the effort.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project ..... love the finished look xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!!! appreciate you stopping by

      Delete
  5. Lovely ! Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog !! I have answered your query do let me know !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...