Sunday, 8 May 2016

Happy Mother Day!!! MOM

Hello Friends,

Wishing you all a very happy Mothers day!!! I present to you all this card but most of all to my mother, I hope she will see it. I will be with her soon but today I want to dedicate this card to my mom as she is my star!!! 





My mom is the reason that this work is my passion as I grew up watching her sewing beautiful dresses and making awesome furnishings for our home with various types of embroideries and crocheted table mats and tatting laces, Oh how i wish i could show you all her creations that are dancing before my eyes right now. I never needed any store bought clothes cause she would make them all at home looking into those Chinese design magazines and though she understood not a word of what was written she would look at the patterns and work it out for herself. I wore new dresses for most of the parties I attended and believe me they were way more than just a few.

What I love most about her is her dedication and enthusiasm towards learning new things, she recently learnt quilling from me and here are some pics of her work. I hope that i retain her sort of zeal and child-like enthusiasm for life throughout my life too. I love you mum.

Though they say that daughters are closest to their fathers I believe that mothers are their daughters' best friends as they grow up and become women, its the mums who hold their hands.

Now as this is a craft related blog, let me give a little background for the card or else I can go on about my mum for days :-). So thanx for keeping up, now back to the card.  At 3 this morning I got up with thoughts of my mum and wanted to reach out to her but it was too early and i could not get back to sleep. Thought of making a card and the first thing that came to mind was the card  I had seen a few days back by Vijaylaxmi Siyal of Peek- a- boo design Team - the monster birthday card http://peek-a-boodesigns.blogspot.in/2016/05/challenge-6-inspire-yourself.html, what inspired me most was the beautiful back ground. 

So I started by trying to create a night sky with 2 colours of distress inks, wanted to add a little yellow & purple but did not have the colours so instead decided to do a midnight sky with a tinge of black.







Used the water bleaching technique to create the illusion of stars. Used pearlised water (pearl pigment powder mixed with water) for this. then since that was very subtle and needed some more stars so added small splatters with acrylic white colour.





Next I needed some glitter paper so heat embossed a piece of cardstock with silver glitter embossing powder.


Then die cut the alphabets using the sizzlits doodle alphabet dies, also embosses my coloured sky with stars embossing folder from Itsy Bitsy.





I finally added the die cut sentiments on top and stamped another sentiment inside the card. I never thought i will be able participate in any challenges this month but here I am entering this card for the Peek-a-boo challenge 6: http://peek-a-boodesigns.blogspot.in/

I
 am also linking this card to Uniko Studio challenge 31: http://unikostudio.blogspot.in/2016/04/uniko-challenge-31.html




Hope you like it. Lastly Have a wonderful mothers day!!

LOVE AND HUGS

Seema

You may also like : A simple mothers day card





10 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful starry background, perfect way to set off your metallic sentiment. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Jane, appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea with the stars for your mum. Am sure she will love her card. Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey, Thankyou for your encouragement..

      Delete
  3. Your Mom sounds very similar to my late mum, lovely to read your memories. Beautiful card and thanks for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Beverly!!! I am sure your memories are just as special

      Delete
  4. This is simply gorgeous ! liked the way you created ur own glitter paper with heat embossing :)
    Please mention the DT name from you took inspiration !!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us @ peek-a-boo Challenge !!
    DT**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vijaylaxmi this card was inspired by your card!! I love this background technique

      Delete
  5. Fantastic write-up and a beautiful project Seemaa! ^__^ Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #6 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...