Sunday, 24 April 2016

A Quilling clock- IQCG challenge Trios of colours

Hello crafters,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are well rested for the week ahead..
This week was really hectic but i wanted to share with you my latest creation for the trio challenge over at http://indianquillingchallenge.blogspot.in/  the

IQCG Challenge#25 - Trios of Colours




This was an interesting challenge and though it did allow me to use as many colours i wanted for the background but i had to choose only 3 colours for quilling so i decided to go for earthy tones as they appeal to me the most and I also decided to use the same for the background so this is what i came up with this. I shall list the supplies below though most of the source is local i am sure you will be able to find stores in your area or online that sell similar stuff.

I started with adhering the paper to the board and then added shading with distress inks vintage photo, walnut stain and black soot. I also added some copper metallic powder to give the edges a metallic feel.

Later i coloured the dial in black soot and added some copper dry powder to get the metallic effect.

I tried the layout before adhering everything and once i was happy with placement i then used fevicol to glue all the pieces next i wanted to add pearls but as i had flat back pearls in white only i used a mix of copper and gold colour powder with acrylic medium and dipped the pearls in it and let it dry.


Once the pearls were dry i adhere them to the layout and also around the dial.
Finally i used a clock set that i bought at a local watch store to add the mechanism of the clock.


Finally i got the clock framed so that the work i s protected from dust.





If you would like to know how i made the quilled flowers please leave me a comment and i shall try to do a tutorial.Thanx for stopping by, please share your feedback.

12 comments:

  1. I love the vintage look and the quilling is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx so much Akshma!! I appreciate your feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww!! I love the bg and wonderful quilling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Karthikha i appreciate you stopping by hope you will back

      Delete
  4. Very Nice! I loved your concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx a ton Sarika!!hope you will be back !!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful take on our challenge seema. Good luck and thanks for joining us at IQCG#25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shylaa it was fun participating and i enoyed it immensly!! appreciate you stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Vintage take on the challenge theme
    Good luck and thanks for joining us at IQCG#25
    DT Meeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx a ton Meeta ! keeping my fingers crossed, appreciate you stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting my blog! would really like to know your feedback!! HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...